It’s hard to believe we’re nearly halfway through fall. While you might be turning your attention toward Thanksgiving preparations, why not think about what to cook on the grill this month? We can help you take advantage of the crisp weather with the following fall grilling recipes from Southern Living:
- Grilled Pork Chops with Apple-Bourbon Glaze – You can’t go wrong with pork chops any time of year, but especially during the autumn. As you might have guessed, the spicy and sweet apple-bourbon glaze is what really makes this dish stand out. Pair with your favorite seasonal salad, fresh fruit, and rice for a truly delicious meal.
- Rosemary Grilled Chicken Thighs – There’s a lot you can do with grilled chicken. For this recipe, add some rosemary and garlic marinade before placing the chicken on the grill. Once cooked to perfection, serve over creamy cheese grits with a side of sauteed garlic spinach. Your mouth is watering just thinking about this fall favorite!
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Carrot-Cabbage Slaw – Feeding a large group on game day? Burgers are always a great choice. Although these burgers are hearty, they are also, in fact, meatless. Top your portobellos with a colorful slaw or serve it on the side. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself making these burgers several times during football season.
- Grilled Apple Salad – Apples and cheddar go hand in hand this time of year. The recipe calls for pecan halves, gala apples, baby spinach, and extra-sharp white cheddar cheese. Best of all, this salad takes just 20 minutes to prepare and cook. The Grilled Apple Salad is versatile enough to make on a weeknight or for a special occasion.
- Grail Salad with Grilled Shrimp and Sweet Peppers – Nothing beats a healthy, delicious salad with grilled shrimp. You will need uncooked bulgur, medium-size raw shrimp, baby sweet peppers, green onions, and fresh lemon juice, among other ingredients. This grail salad takes about an hour to prepare and cook. Pro tip from MyRecipes: If you choose to use wooden skewers, submerge them in water for half an hour before adding the shrimp.
The Best Landscape Design
Fall barbecues start with an incredible outdoor kitchen. But you don’t want just any ‘cookie-cutter’ kitchen for your urban oasis. Rather, you want one that’s designed specifically to meet your needs and the needs of your guests.
This is where Amber Freda Landscape Design comes into play. We can easily design everything from planting schemes to custom features such as decks, fences, and, of course, outdoor kitchens. You can count on us to build out everything in a way that feels seamless, natural, and hassle-free.
At Amber Freda Landscape Design, Amber is involved in the entire process. Unlike other companies that hand off tasks to third-party contractors, our garden designer oversees every step from start to finish. You can feel comfortable knowing Amber will be there to ensure every detail meets her high standards.
Fall is one of the most beautiful times of the year. Get the most out of this season with an outdoor kitchen from Amber Freda Landscape Design.