Purifying Indoor Air – Bamboo was rated a score of 8.6/10 by NASA in the list of plants that purify air. It fights pollutants in the air, purifying the air from fomeldehyde, xylene and carbonmonoxide.
- Digestion – All sorts of stomach problems can be treated by eating bamboo leaves. Studies have shown that they strengthen and reinforce the stomach muscles.
- Spiritual Healing – Bamboo has long been considered to have miraculous properties. Many attest to the spiritual healing properties of bamboo to date with its negative energy clearing properties. It bolsters self-worth and self-esteem, as your energy channels are cleared and your mood is brightened.
- Powerful energy field – Quantum physics has shown that every single being on earth, whether living or non-living, carries an energy field. Since ancient times, the bamboo has been known as having an energy field that is so potent that it can be picked up by people nearby. People in frequent contact with bamboo experience increased strength, stamina, and virility.
- Menstruation – Helps correct irregular menstruation. **It also can induce labor and should not be used by pregnant women.
- Aphrodisiac – Early Chinese apothecaries revered bamboo for its aphrodisiac properties. The shoots, when eaten regularly, were said to strengthen libido and sexual stamina.
- Mental Alertness – Students often use bamboo to stay mentally focused and alert while studying.
- Aromatherapy – Herbal extracts and essential oils prepared from bamboo are used in the aromatherapy world. It is also used in massage to relax the body and unknot the stresses of the mind.
- Heals Respiratory Diseases – Black bamboo is used as a mucous purger and natural expectorant.
- Antibiotic & Antimicrobial – Bamboo sheets can keep your bed germ-free. Poultices made from the shoots are used to dress and clean wounds to prevent infections, as well as to heal wounds that are infected.
- Anti-inflammatory – Bamboo shoots possess anti-inflammatory characteristics, which can be used for topical application to reduce swelling, as well as for healing internal inflammations in all parts of the body, when taken internally.
- Natural Diuretic – Bamboo is used to stimulate the smooth flow of urine for people with urinary troubles.
- Healthy Weight Loss A cup of bamboo shoot can keep you full and satiated for hours, yet it only contains 13 calories and less than 0.5 g of fat.
- Strengthens Immune System Containing a powerhouse of nutrients and minerals, bamboo can provide the body with a strong supply of nourishment to strengthen the immune system. It is said eating it regularly decreases susceptibility to common colds and infections and wards of disease.
In addition to the above health benefits, a tea can be made from bamboo leaves that is also very healthy and simple to prepare. Bamboo leaves contain silica, which promotes healthy hair, skin, and nails. Silica also plays an important role in bone density, is a building block of collagen, and prevents the absorption of aluminum in the digestive system. Bamboo contains 10 times the silica of horsetail, so it’s much more effective as a remedy for stronger, healthier hair and nails.