Cooler temperatures are just around the corner here in New York City. But just because summer is over doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy all the pleasant days and evenings ahead. At Amber Freda Landscape Design, we want to help you get the most out of your rooftop garden.
Here are some ways to enjoy your rooftop garden this fall:
- Plan a coffee date – Fall and coffee go hand in hand. Be sure to check out our next post as we list some of our favorite seasonal beverages. Whether it’s a pumpkin-spiced latte, black coffee, tea, or something else, make sure your drink keeps you warm and toasty. This time of year, you can enjoy your rooftop garden at just about any time of day.
- Read a book – Between the stunning foliage and crisp air, fall provides the perfect book reading setting. Remember to bring a light jacket and, of course, your favorite coffee. Don’t be surprised if you check a number of books off your reading list by the end of fall.
- Have a barbecue – Does your rooftop garden have an outdoor kitchen? If so, why not plan a few barbecues this season? Frankly, nothing beats grilling up some crowd favorites just before the big game. If you’re looking for seasonal sides to pair with your entrees, then consider corn, squash, and other vegetables.
- Harvest your veggies – Speaking of vegetables, maybe you planted the likes of beans, beets, brussels sprouts, turnips, and/or lettuce late in the summer. If so, you may just have a bountiful fall harvest. Pro tip: Make these veggies an integral part of your autumn barbecues.
- Have some time to yourself – It’s easy to feel overwhelmed this time of year. Not only are the kids back at school, but chances are you’re starting to plan for the holidays. Plus, everyone gets wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of NYC at some point. This is where having your own rooftop garden can be beneficial. During times of heightened stress, head on up to your urban oasis and decompress. Even just a few minutes of meditation each day goes a long way.
Custom Landscape Design
Amber Freda is not your typical landscape designer. Through the years, Amber has taught classes at both the New York and Brooklyn botanical gardens. Her client list includes George Soros, David Fauco, and Bobbi Brown, among others.
Amber’s passion is providing high-end, detail-oriented landscaping services. Whereas traditional ‘landscaping’ companies specialize in lawn care or xeriscaping, Amber does so much more. You can count on our landscape design team to truly capture your personality and style.
Maybe you envision your new space having a deck and pergola. On the other hand, maybe you want the focal point to be an outdoor kitchen. Whatever the case, Amber will make your garden feel like a natural and seamless extension of your home.
See what our NYC garden designer can do for you this fall. Reach out to us today.